Cornilleau 500M Crossover Indoor/Outdoor Blue Table Tennis Table
The Cornilleau 500M Outdoor table is the companies most popular model is an exceptional ping pong table. The negative is the hefty price of $1,600. If you are a devotee and can spend the cost of this table, the Cornilleau is the cream of the crop.
Cornilleau is a French manufacturer of ping pong tables and their outdoor lineup ranges from the Cornilleau Sport One up to the Cornilleau 510 Outdoor. The designs and features on the tables are slightly different – the main thing to look for is the thickness of the playing surface. You will find a 7mm resin laminate top with a MATTOP Finish on the 500M and it comes in either a blue or slate color.
- This dual system means your net will always be perfectly adjusted – in terms of height and tension
- Placed alongside the player, these dispensers are extremely practical, meaning balls are always within easy reach
- Protection on each corner of the table to guarantee maximum safety for your children
- Product designed, developed and manufactured in France
- The net swivels automatically between the two panels when you close the table, further optimizing storage space and providing better safety when stored
- The legs are reinforced with a steel insert. With a wide pad, leg height can be adjusted to ensure optimum levelness
- Specific bats storage placed on both side of the table to store 4 bats and 8 balls
- Brakes provide great stability for even better playing comfort, providing additional safety when the table is in storage
- Cornilleau has been a pioneer in "outdoor" tables for the garden. They are designed with anti-corrosion materials ensuring resistance to bad weather
The arched leg design of the Cornilleau 500 provides stability on all surfaces. Since there are many variables outdoors, such as grass, dirt etc having a steady stable surface if important. The frame was built so it could hold up the 170-pound Cornilleau Sport 500M. The legs have a steel insert that reinforces them. The result is solid support and a table that holds up well in outdoor conditions. The legs also come with adjustable feet so you can raise or lower one section of the table if you need to get it on a level playing surface.
As we discussed earlier in this review, the thickness of the playing surface is an integral part of the stability of the bounce. With the 7mm resin laminate top on the Cornilleau 500 will provide the best bounce of any outdoor table. The MATTOP Finish is another feature on the Cornilleau we absolutely love. When playing outdoors, the glare of the sun can be a hindrance so Cornilleau added the anti-glare finish which also helps with the proper ball adherence. The playing surface is completely weatherproof. The table doesn’t absorb the water, just wipe it off and play!
The DSI Locking System is the one of the best. One reason the tables are so much more expensive than the competition. The table will be fully locked in storage or playing positions. This provides a great safety feature if kids are around the table. There are literally 16 locking points with the 500M. The corner protection pads are also wonderful. As someone who has hit my legs on the corners of other tables this is a well though tout feature. Don’t forget that since this is an outdoor table, Parents may not always be around when kids are running around and can run into sharp corners. This padding is a wonderful addition.
- 10 Year Warranty
- Locking System
- Padded Corners
- Stability for Outdoor Surfaces
I love this next feature! There is storage on the side of the table (above the wheels and below the net) for 4 ping pong paddles and 8 ping pong balls. We also like the ball dispensers that are placed right below the end of the table where a player can quickly and easily grab a new ball.
Finally-The tabletops come with a 10-year warranty!